Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Rand Fishkin with Jason Barnard at YoastCon 2019
Rand Fishkin talks with Jason Barnard about Digital Marketing Strategy.
Throw your old inbound marketer’s playbook out the window. Social is walled in, Google organic is staying on the SERP, influencers don’t deliver and web advertising trending to zero. Rand Fishkin shares some rather good ideas about how to adapt to this new world. Oh, and watch out for the Green Pants. Rand talks about internet marketing, including social, influencers and no-click SERPs – all dressed up as the Four Horsemen.
What you’ll learn
- 00:01 Introduction to Rand Fishkin
- 01:02 Discussing “Lost and founder by Rand Fishkin”
- 02:03 Empathy is the most important skill for a marketer
- 02:47 Why should we be self-aware?
- 04:26 The Four Horseman of web marketing
- 05:08 Removal of social media reach
- 06:56 Google as the second horseman
- 07:30 Is influencer marketing working?
- 08:35 Web advertising ROI is trending to zero
- 09:35 Levels of traffic and what is most appealing
- 10:16 Building a rapport before selling
- 11:33 Engagement trumps price of an advert on platforms such as Facebook
- 13:06 The 3 marketing flywheels
- 13:50 The smart marketer’s battle plan
- 15:45 Driving traffic and engagement back to your own site