Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Shaina Weisinger talks with Jason Barnard on how to be efficient with your content strategy, and how to scale it appropriately.
Social media is not about “me, me, me”. Is actually about “you, you, you”. Shaina shares her mindset when communicating with an audience if the goal is to generate interest in what you have to offer. You will find out the common mistakes made on social media, how to balance content strategy between different audiences, and the importance of generating educational content with the entertainment aspect in mind.
You will also get valuable tips on how to convey charisma and relatability on camera from a video production expert.
What you will learn
- 1:03 Shaina Weisinger’s Brand SERP and the social media platform she focuses on the most
- 1:31 The concept of ‘giving your entity a home’ and it’s importance on SEO
- 2:19 Importance of audience engagement for Google’s algorithm, and how Facebook videos and Youtube play a key role
- 4:14 Youtube Brand SERPs
- 5:00 Is Facebook’s ranking algorithm as reactive as Youtube and Google, when detecting real time activity on the platform?
- 6:08 The importance of communicating to your audience on social media, taking into consideration their point of view, needs and intent
- 10:06 What most of us are doing wrong on social media
- 13:16 How to achieve a balance between your new audience and your existing audience when creating content
- 15:06 Edutainment. How to balance education value with the entertainment aspect when creating content
- 16:45 Being charismatic is a gift but also a skill. Shaina shares some tips on how to relax and be more relatable on camera
- 24:59 The correct approach on writing and cropping images for different platforms
- 32:40 Why you can’t use the same template for content on all the different platforms
- 33:55 The importance of a good strategy to create content that scales appropriately
- 35:05 On social, content dies quickly. If you make a mistake does that make social media forgiving
Subscribe to the podcast
This episode was recorded live on video November 25th 2020
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>