Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Jarno van Driel talks with Jason Barnard about structured data
Jarno Van Driel is a technical & semantic SEO expert with more than 20 years of experience in the field, whose main focus is to provide website optimization services and guide organizations into this new era of the semantic web.
Contrary to what most marketers believe, structured data is much more than a simple final touch to get a nice Brand SERP – there are serious advantages in making structured data the foundation for your organization.
You will learn amazing tips and insights, as well as what the future looks like in terms of the implementation of Schema Markup in e-commerce sites.
What you’ll learn from Jarno van Driel
- 00:00 Jarno Van Driel with Jason Barnard
- 00:40 Jarno Van Driel’s Brand SERP
- 02:35 Structured Data is MUCH more than just a “final sprinkle” to get a nice looking SERP
- 07:02 Structured Data as the foundation for your organization
- 08:36 Managing Data Layers in Google Tag Manager
- 11:15 How to deal with the current Schema Markup limitations?
- 13:58 Could Structured Data solve the language barrier issue on a search engine?
- 15:54 Wikipedia, Wikidata and Dbpedia for entity disambiguation in different languages
- 17:15 Is there always a need to disambiguate?
- 17:53 What has changed in SEO copywriting since 2010
- 20:26 Does Google prefer that a page is about just one single entity (passage based indexing) ?
- 22:33 A discussion about Google’s ability to identify content’s relevancy
- 27:54 Using Schema Markup to avoid duplicate content on an e-commerce site at the category level
- 32:22 New implementations of Schema Markup in e-commerce sites
- 38:09 Google’s Merchant Center feeds and the role of Schema Markup
- 41:06 Is Google “forcing our hand” with structured data?
Subscribe to the podcast
This episode was recorded live on video April 6th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>