Dom Hodgson talks with Jason Barnard about Santa SEO.
Dom Hodgson is the co-founder of Little Warden (which some would say is the greatest tool for site issue monitoring) BUT he’s not here to talk about that he’s here to talk about his nighttime activities, Christmas Lights. The Hodgson Christmas Light Show in Leeds.
In this episode, Dom Hodgson talks about designing and building a unique Christmas light display along with marketing tips, from PR, SEO and social media, telling people about your display can be as complicated as building the thing!
Along the way, Dom shares a personal story about how he turned the disappointment of a cancelled dream Disney holiday into a powerful PR opportunity.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Dom passes the virtual baton to next week’s lovely guest, Winnie Sun.
What you’ll learn from Dom Hodgson
- 00:00 Dom Hodgson with Jason Barnard
- 01:15 Dom Hodgson’s Brand SERP
- 04:37 The Hodgson Family Lights (A Christmas Light Show in Leeds)
- 06:48 How did Dom Hodgson build and promote a local holiday event?
- 10:25 Year-long plans for promoting the event
- 20:36 Social media promotion for events
- 24:19 Dom talks about local promotion for events
- 29:00 Dom shares their press release strategy for the Christmas light show
This episode was recorded live on video December 21st 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>