Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Julia McCoy talks with Jason Barnard about achieving a high-income career today without a college degree.
Julia McCoy is the founder at Express Writers and lead content creator at The Content Hacker. She’s an author, entrepreneur, content marketing strategist and has been featured in Content Marketing Institute, Entrepreneur, and Forbes just to name a few.
She joined Jason Barnard in a rather interesting episode where she shares her personal experience from college dropout to successful entrepreneur and author, and reveals some valuable insights from her most recent book “Skip the Degree, Save the Tuition: Your A-Z Pathway to Teach Yourself a Money-Making Online Skill Set”
You will learn some priceless tips on content creation using AI, and Julia’s personal formula to success defined by 4 L’s: Love, Learn, Labour and Level up.
What you’ll learn from Julia McCoy
- 00:00 Julia McCoy with Jason Barnard
- 00:55 Julia McCoy’s Brand SERP
- 02:00 Jason plays a knowledge panel hopping game
- 04:15 Do you need a degree to build a skill set?
- 06:09 Julia’s path from college to doing what she loves
- 08:28 How the educational system funnels people into jobs they don’t enjoy
- 13:06 The pathway to success defined by the four L’s
- 19:51 AI as a writing tool
- 23:37 About the last L: Level Up
- 27:08 What does it take to level up?
- 30:30 The value of experience over a degree
Subscribe to the podcast
This episode was recorded live on video May 11th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>