Joe Pulizzi talks with Jason Barnard about media is the new marketing.
This doesn’t feel like a podcast episode, this more feels like a media marketing crash course!!
Rather than fighting with organizations with the same audience as yours, Joe Pulizzi and Jason Barnard believe in the power of networking which brings you to a massive, ever-expanding audience – something you can’t achieve with a walled garden approach. So an intelligent mix of consortiums, guesting, side projects, partnerships, and self-produced is the winning formula 😉
Trying to be present everywhere and creating content for the sake of content both get a big, big thumbs down from Joe (the content marketing master). He greatly believes in niching down, in finding a place or two where you can shine and create a remarkable impact.
Oooh and as promised for this episode, Joe discusses the seven steps to build an online audience that can lead to multiple revenue streams WITH ANY BUDGET!
- It begins with identifying the audience’s pain points then offering a solution which turns out to be your product or service (the order of these two tasks is important).
- Second point, doing better than anyone else consistently over a long period of time.
- Point four is moving your social media audience over to a more controlled asset (email list).
- Point 5 is where you can diversify into multiple channels.
- Point 6 is knowing the right time to monetize 😉
- Lastly, looking for an opportunity to sell your property… or choose to build it bigger.
After each question, Joe sighs delightfully just before giving the most eloquent, helpful, and creative answer 😉
What you’ll learn from Joe Pulizzi
- 00:00 Joe Pulizzi and Jason Barnard
- 00:58 Joe Pulizzi’s Brand SERP in the US ad Mauritius
- 02:08 How far can a networking approach take you?
- 05:36 Content about you is great for your Brand SERP your EAT, and expanding your audience
- 08:28 How many years should you dedicate to building your audience?
- 12:36 Identify the intersection of your expertise and your future customer’s needs
- 15:27 Determine how to “tilt” and find a sweet spot where little or no competition exists
- 18:33 Establish your #1 channel for distributing your content (blog, podcast, YouTube, etc.)
- 20:54 Producing more and more content is a losing proposition
- 24:26 Use social-media and SEO to convert one-time visitors into long-term subscribers
- 30:19 Grow your business by expanding into multiple delivery channels
- 32:18 Monetize your product or service for ultimate business success
- 38:57 Understand how to sell your content asset for millions or build the business into a large enterprise
This episode was recorded live on video October 19th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>