Yuval Ackerman talks with Jason Barnard about selling more and better with ethical email marketing.
Yuval Ackerman is the person you want to work with if you want to promote your brand without all the possible sleazy sales tactics in email marketing – but don’t know how to do it yourself. As an ethical email strategist and copywriter, she helps entrepreneurs and companies tell their stories and sell without feeling guilty (and even have fun doing it!). She believes that email is a wonderful platform to build genuine and honest relationships with your audience, bypassing the unreliable “middle man” of social media. When she’s not thinking of fun and ethical ways to help her clients market themselves, Yuval enjoys all things food, writing songs, and hosting a podcast about conscious relationships called “Loving Against My Instincts.”
It is a daunting task to be exceptional and stand out in the vast number of emails subscribers receive every day. When the subscriber’s email inbox has a string of unread messages from multiple businesses they will be very tempted to ignore your email entirely.
Luckily, we have Yuval Ackerman to help! As a marketer this episode with the brilliant Yuval Ackerman and Jason Barnard will be an immense help for you to prevent your email marketing efforts from going to waste.
Yuval’s wonderful ethical email marketing tips focus on building a deep relationship with subscribers and reaching out to understand their needs and desires. But how? Build a community, ask that community what they want and how you can help. It’s paramount to approach your email list with a personal touch, engage and re-engage.
And lastly, think of your email as a dialogue you can have with subscribers, not just a monologue.
As always the show ends with passing the Baton…Yuval charmingly passes the virtual baton to next week’s groovy guest, Brian Harnish.
What you’ll learn from Yuval Ackerman
- 00:00 Yuval Ackerman and Jason Barnard
- 01:46 Yuval Ackerman’s Brand SERP
- 05:12 Why Do You Need to Do Ethical Email Marketing?
- 06:30 Why is Email Marketing Important for a Business?
- 07:17 Is It Possible to Establish a Long-Term Relationship Through Automated Emails?
- 07:31 Yuval Ackerman’s Email Marketing Tips
- 09:30 How Does Consistency Affect Email Marketing?
- 11:12 How to Avoid Excessive Email Marketing Campaigns
- 11:42 How Can You Find Out More About What Your Subscribers Want?
- 19:02 How Much Influence Does the Subject Line Have on an Email Marketing Strategy?
- 21:34 What Subject Line Makes Subscribers Open an Email?
- 22:35 Re-engaging with Subscribers
- 23:48 Text Email Vs HTML Email
- 29:23 Passing the Baton: Yuval Ackerman to Brian Harnish
This episode was recorded live on video July 5th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>