Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Brian Harnish talks with Jason Barnard about SEO audits: now and into the future.
Brian Harnish is a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Professional and web developer with extensive practical knowledge of SEO, online marketing and advertising. He is self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a conscientious team player with proven experience in sales and content creation for digital media, creating marketing campaigns for new product launches across various social media channels, devising marketing and advertising strategies, and tracking product sales and costs by analyzing and entering sales, expense, and new business data.
A detailed SEO audit report will be more effective if the clients understand clearly what they need to implement to improve on their website. And taking a step back and walking clients through each step of the process with a well-presented report, that takes into account the context of their industry, will definitely encourage them to implement what was recommended.
Brian Harnish and Jason Barnard discuss SEO audits for agencies in this episode. Agencies work in a variety of industries, each of which requires a different approach to SEO audits as well as a different understanding of SEO. However, Brian’s approach is a scalable SEO audit process no matter what niche your clients operate in.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Brian passes the virtual baton to next week’s absolutely fantastic guest, Andrew Holland.
What you’ll learn from Brian Harnish
- 00:00 Brian Harnish and Jason Barnard
- 00:44 Brian Harnish’s Brand SERP and Knowledge Panel
- 02:31 What Process Does Brian Harnish Use for SEO Audits?
- 04:53 PAA Boxes: Recent Change in Presence on the SERP
- 07:03 Creating an SEO Audit Process that Scales
- 09:16 Spring Cleaning Websites
- 13:01 The Concept of E-A-T in SEO audits
- 14:54 Prioritising Traffic Volume Vs Topicality
- 15:37 Content Gap Analysis
- 17:03 How to Create an SEO Audit Template
- 19:20 The Importance of an SEO Audit Report that Stands Out from the Crowd
- 21:46 Incorporating Graphic Design into an SEO Audit Report
- 27:31 Passing the Baton: Brian Harnish to Andrew Holland
This episode was recorded live on video July 12th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>