Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Pamela Wilson talks with Jason Barnard about use your skillset to make money online in midlife.
Pamela Wilson coaches mid-career people to build profitable online businesses. She is the creator and head trainer of The Offer Accelerator, where she helps people create high-value offers that generate $10-20,000 in revenue each month. Pamela is a digital marketing consultant, keynote speaker and founder of PamelaWilson.com. She is the author of two popular books on content marketing: Master Content Marketing and Master Content Strategy.
Mid-career marketers often have in-depth knowledge about their craft. They know a lot about the ins and outs of business. But when they strike out as an independent consultant, they often struggle and scramble with the thought of always attracting a new audience, pulling prospects into the bottom of funnel, and converting them into clients. How can you, as a consultant, make that process less of a problem by building a foundational income that takes the stress out of marketing yourself?
This wonderful episode with Pamela Wilson and Jason Barnard looks at how you can create a high value offer to your audience by researching your market, examining your existing skills, and more importantly, listening to the people you serve. And oh, retainers in businesses are gems.
As always, the show closes with passing the baton… the delightful Pamela Wilson passes the virtual baton to next week’s super groovy guest Mike Capuzzi.
What you’ll learn from Pamela Wilson
- 00:00 Pamela Wilson and Jason Barnard
- 00:38 Pamela Wilson’s Brand SERP
- 02:08 Pamela Wilson’s Knowledge Panel
- 04:32 Multiple Income Streams Make a Lot of Sense
- 07:01 The Importance of Retainers in a Business
- 10:11 Pamela Wilson’s Tips for Writing and Selling Books
- 14:00 Steps to Creating High Value Offer
- 14:14 Research Your Market: Know Their Challenges and How to Help Them
- 14:54 Why Your Offer Should Reflect Your Personal Values
- 15:59 Consider Your Existing Skills
- 17:46 Create a Trial Version of the Service You Offer
- 19:28 Listening to the People You Serve is Key
- 23:36 How to Leverage Your Audience and Followers Online for a New Offer
- 28:10 Passing the Baton: Pamela Wilson to Mike Capuzzi
Helpful Resources Related to the Topic
- How Can I Make Money Online in Midlife? Seven Challenges and Their Solutions
- How to Write a Sales Page That Converts: 5-Step Sales Page Writing Recipe
- How to Make the Leap from Offline to Online Business Success [7 New Skills You Need]
This episode was recorded live on video July 26th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>