Jason Davis talks with Jason Barnard about how can small businesses use branded search?
Jason Davis started as a WordPress developer creating custom themes for clients who needed an online presence. He has over a decade of hands-on experience developing WordPress websites and creating compelling user experiences. Jason is the co-host of the NerdBrand Podcast (he loves podcasts) and CEO of NerdBrand Agency: a branding agency that creates strategies, imaginative ads, web designs, and digital marketing tactics to achieve your business goals.
What do you think of when you hear the terms digital marketing and branded search? Perhaps SEO or online presence? There are certainly tremendous opportunities that digital marketing can open up for a business, but what about small and local businesses that don’t have the knowledge or resources to digitalise?
In this insightful and fun-filled episode, Jason Barnard and Jason Davis discuss various online strategies and SEO tactics for small businesses including Keyword Search, Local Search, Paid Search, and Branded Search. And how important it is to not only have an online marketing strategy for small and local business, but also a brand presence in traditional advertising channels.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… the brilliant Jason Davis passes over the virtual baton to next week’s awesome guest Georgios Chasiotis.
What you’ll learn from Jason Davis
- 00:00 Jason Davis and Jason Barnard
- 00:38 What NerdBrand Believes Defines a Nerd
- 01:14 Jason Davis in the Knowledge Graph
- 01:40 Knowledge Graph and Disambiguation
- 02:01 Jason Davis on IMDB
- 03:22 NerdBrand’s Strategic Brand Name
- 04:58 Branded Search for Small Business
- 05:40 Jason Davis’ Search Tactics for Small Business
- 09:19 What is Keyword Search and Local Search?
- 09:26 Examples of Paid Search
- 10:06 What is Branded Search?
- 10:40 Why Your Brand Name Matters
- 11:18 The Power of Traditional Advertising Channels
- 12:54 Offline to Online Marketing Strategy
- 14:05 Jason Davis’ Step-by-Step Approach to Digitalise a Local Business
- 16:07 Spring Cleaning Tips for Small Businesses
- 20:25 How to Deal with Local Businesses Online Named After What They Do
- 28:40 Passing the Baton: Jason Davis to Georgios Chasiotis
This episode was recorded live on video May 31st 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>