Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Ash Nallawalla talks with Jason Barnard about why enterprises need a CWO (Chief Web Officer).
Ash Nallawalla has more than 20 years of experience in search engine marketing. He has worked as an independent consultant, as an in-house SEO manager for large companies, and on the agency side for smaller companies. He also founded and sold an SEO training company. He wrote a monthly SEO column for APC Magazine for many years. He recognized the need to close what he saw as an awareness gap among managers of the SEO function. He observed costly mistakes that resulted in ranking drops, which meant lost revenue for most companies. This inspired his latest publishing venture, a series of three books that includes “Accidental SEO Manager,” currently available on Amazon.
One person at the top of the organizational structure is responsible for each of the many departments that make up large companies. But can someone in the executive suite be held responsible for SEOs as part of the corporate organization, considering that they contribute a good percentage of online revenue?
In this insightful episode, Ash Nallawalla talks at length about the tasks that a CWO or Chief Web Officer can take on to represent and optimise the role of SEOs in both technical and marketing areas.
Ash Nallawalla discusses in detail in this insightful episode the roles that a CWO or Chief Web Officer can take on to represent and maximize the function of SEO. He also shares brilliant knowledge about web governance, explains why companies are still hesitant to have a CWO and why a company should invest in SEO.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Ash groovily turns over the virtual baton to next week’s delightful guest Alexandra Tachalova.
What you’ll learn from Ash Nallawalla
- 00:00 Ash Nallawalla and Jason Barnard
- 00:50 Ash Nallawalla’s Brand SERP
- 01:20 Ashok Nallawalla’s Brand SERP
- 03:36 Knowledge Panel Tips from Jason Barnard
- 03:55 Brand SERP and Knowledge Panel Support Group
- 04:22 Knowledge Panel Done for Jason Hennessey by Kalicube Using the Kalicube Process
- 04:29 Knowledge Panel Checklist
- 05:08 Ash Nallawalla’s Definition of a CWO
- 06:59 The Difference Between SEO and Other Jobs in a Company
- 08:20 What Does Accidental SEO mean?
- 08:53 SEO and CWO
- 09:13 Organisational Role of a Chief Web Officer
- 10:00 What is Web Governance?
- 11:56 Investing in SEO
- 13:08 Having Google Ads on Your Brand Name for Every Brand or Just the Big Brands
- 14:30 How to Recruit a Good SEO
- 20:50 Having someone in the C-suite Who Represents SEO
- 22:15 Why Companies are Still Hesitant to Have a Chief Web Officer
- 30:15 Passing the baton: Ash Nallawalla to Alexandra Tachalova
This episode was recorded live on video November 29th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>