Katrina McKinnon talks with Jason Barnard about writing content at scale with humans.
Katrina McKinnon is the founder of CopySmiths.com, a company that provides blog writing services for eCommerce stores. One of the 50 founding members of eCommerceFuel.com, Katrina McKinnon has also spoken at three conferences, served as a community greeter, and been an outsourcing and content expert for an ecommerce community of over 1,000 members over the past decade. Guest on the eCommerce Fuel, Practical eCommerce and eComCrew podcasts. Creator of more than 3,000 training screencasts and reviews for authors and the eCommerce community. Administrator of an African writers group with more than 35,000 members.
How can writing high-quality content be maintained as the volume of output increases? Using AI tools is one good choice, but in this awesome episode, Katrina McKinnon gives a comprehensive look at how she maintains quality with human-written content as she scales up the volume of content written.
Katrina McKinnon also shares an overview of the training she gives, her experiences working with incredible Kenyan writers, some tips and tricks for scaling when writing content, and her thoughts on using AI tools.
And while there are more and more AI tools that can be used for content writing, Google’s recent algorithm update, the Helpful Content Update, still focuses on humans writing for humans.
As always the episode ends with passing the baton. Katrina McKinnon stylishly passes the baton to the super-smart Jonas Sickler.
What you’ll learn from Katrina McKinnon
- 00:00 Katrina McKinnon and Jason Barnard
- 01:52 CopySmiths’ Brand SERP
- 04:01 Google’s Helpful Content Update
- 05:50 Katrina McKinnon’s Tips to Scale in Content Writing
- 06:54 How to Write a Good Article
- 07:36 The Importance of Educated and Well Trained Writers
- 09:17 Developing the Writer’s Domain Knowledge
- 11:17 Katrina McKinnon’s Project Management Software for the CopySmiths’ Team
- 14:36 Click Up’s Silly Knowledge Panel Goof
- 15:10 Jason Barnard’s Tips for Managing Click Up’s Knowledge Panel
- 16:44 How Useful and Accurate are AI Tools When Writing Content?
- 19:05 Using AI Tools to Create High-Quality Original Content with Fewer Data Sets
- 25:40 Working with Kenyan Writers
- 29:20 Katrina McKinnon’s Facebook Group
- 32:00 Passing the Baton: Katrina McKinnon to Jonas Sickler
This episode was recorded live on video October 11th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>