Kevin Moehlenkamp talks with Jason Barnard about branding: essential ingredient, not just decoration.
Kevin Moehlenkamp is CEO of Garrand Moehlenkamp, an author and brand zealot. Kevin has built his career around brands. As a designer, writer and creative director, he has worked with many of the best companies and people in the industry. As Chief Creative Officer and CEO, he has led work for some of the country’s most memorable brands: “America Runs on Dunkin’,” “It’s not TV. It’s HBO.,” “Visa. It’s Everywhere You Want to Be”.
Branding is the crucial element that shapes a company’s identity and paves the way for its success. It plays a crucial role in building an emotional connection with customers and differentiating your business in a saturated market. The impact of effective branding is immense and should never be underestimated.
In this super insightful episode, Kevin Moehlenkamp explores the power and significance of branding in today’s digital landscape. He emphasises the importance of reaching people effectively and encourages listeners to harness this ability. He discusses how brands build a strong and emotional connection with their audience by conveying a sense of identity and purpose. This episode also looks at the role of emotional connections in marketing and the impact of brand perceptions and heuristics.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Kevin passes the virtual baton to next week’s super wonderful guest, Beatrice Gamba.
What you’ll learn from Kevin Moehlenkamp
- 00:00 Kevin Moehlenkamp and Jason Barnard
- 01:39 Garrand’s Search Generative Experience Result
- 02:21 How Does an Ambiguous Company Name Affect Long-Term Marketing Success?
- 04:26 What is the Balance Between Interesting, Helpful, and the Ultimate Solution as a Brand?
- 05:42 Are Emotions the Key Element in Branding?
- 06:55 How Does Website Branding Affect the Overall Branding Strategy?
- 09:07 What is the Difference Between Brand with a Capital B and Brand with a Small B?
- 13:36 Maintaining Brand Consistency: From Training Machines to Website Representation
- 15:12 How Can You Successfully Build a Brand That is Not Truly Aligned with Your Personal Values and Authenticity as a CEO?
- 16:38 What Effect Does Brand Personality Have on Company Acquisitions and Audience Emotional Connection?
- 18:48 What Role Does Brand Play in Long-term Customer Relationships?
- 20:39 Why Bring Offline Experiences Online for Enhanced Brand Connection in the Digital Era?
- 22:05 Why is It More Valuable to Focus on Brand Connections Than on Brand Awareness?
- 24:29 How Can Brands Stand Out in the Crowded Digital Space by Prioritizing Relevance?
- 25:23 How Important is Choosing the Right Platform for Your Business?
- 25:49 How Does Super Solid Branding Help with Branded Search?
- 27:34 Passing the Baton: Kevin Moehlenkamp to Beatrice Gamba