Jason Davis talks with Jason Barnard about pretty is easy, smart is hard.
Jason Davis is CEO of NerdBrand Agency. Jason has been creating custom WordPress websites for over a decade and is fed up with boring content that is copied and pasted into a commercial theme, a product that someone else designed and anyone can buy in a marketplace. With a unique digital brand identity for your business, you remove all doubt and confusion about your brand among employees and customers. Allow NerdBrand to help you build your confidence and optimism for the future of your business so you can attract more customers.
It’s a misconception that branding is just about creating distinctive logos, catchy taglines, and engaging websites. Reducing it to these elements oversimplifies the complex nature of branding. While it is true that creating a brand with visually appealing elements can be simple, this is only one facet of what branding is about.
In this delightful episode, Jason Davis reveals brilliant tidbits about the importance of effective branding and design in the digital world. And while most people explain what branding is, Jason gives a great insight into “what branding isn’t”. Jason also goes into why brand consistency is incredibly essential, knowing who your target audience is, and how brand design and projection affect customer attraction.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Jason passes the virtual baton to next week’s wonderful guest, Sara Moccand-Sayegh.
What you’ll learn from Jason Davis
- 00:00 Jason Davis and Jason Barnard
- 01:07 NerdBrand’s Brand SERP
- 03:39 What Branding Isn’t
- 05:29 How Brand Philosophy Translates into Reputation and Delivery
- 05:56 Slogan and Philosophy
- 06:57 How Brand Design and Projection Influence Customer Attraction
- 09:41 Balance Between Pretty and Smart in Visual Composition
- 11:50 The Power of Design
- 13:36 Knowing Your Audience
- 16:51 Ice Cream Marketing: Smart Choices in Design, Experience, and Audience Targeting
- 18:19 The Importance of Brand Consistency
- 19:32 How to Ensure Brand Consistency
- 21:53 The Role of a Comprehensive Brand Guide
- 23:41 Determining Revenue-Generating Pages and Optimising Web Strategy
- 24:49 Overcoming Time and Coordination Challenges in Branding
- 26:32 How Does Smart Design Help with Branded Search?
- 29:33 Passing the Baton: Jason Davis to Sara Moccand-Sayegh