Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Scott Turman talks with Jason Barnard about building a personal brand online with a book.
Scott Turman is the founder and CEO of BrightRay Publishing, an American company that provides writing and publishing services to founders, CEOs, celebrities, sports figures, politicians, and other professionals. Scott is an American technologist, entrepreneur and author. He began his career writing code and cryptographic systems for organizations such as NASA, the U.S. Department of Defense, Disney, and other Fortune 500 companies. He is co-author of two books, “A Nerd’s Guide to Negotiating Salary and Benefits,” which reached the top 10 in its category on Amazon, and “How to Build Your Brand with a Book: Establishing Yourself as a Published Expert.”
As a business owner or marketer, using a book to increase visibility online is critical because it is an effective approach to getting your message across to a wide audience and establishing authority in Google’s eyes. A book helps you reach out to potential clients and business partners in a personal and professional way. It allows you to showcase your grooviest experience and expert understanding in your industry and explain why your products or services are better than those of your competitors. A book also gives you a platform to share your story in an engaging way, allowing readers to connect with you on a more intimate level.
Jason Barnard wrote the book “The Fundamentals of Brand SERPs for Business” with Scott Turman’s team of writing experts. And in this delightful episode, they discuss how the book came to be, from Jason’s geeky perspective to something easy to understand. Scott also shared brilliant tips for writing a book, his approach to becoming an authority in Google’s eyes and how writing a book can help you build a personal brand online.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton…Scott wonderfully passes the virtual baton to next week’s brilliant guest, Nat Rosasco.
What you’ll learn from Scott Turman
- 00:00 Scott Turman and Jason Barnard
- 00:13 The Fundamentals of Brand SERPs for Business
- 01:44 Scott Turman’s Brand SERP
- 02:47 Knowledge Panel Tips from Jason Barnard
- 03:05 Scott Turman’s Knowledge Panel
- 04:33 Kalicube Pro’s Analysis of Scott Turman’s Knowledge Panel
- 08:09 Knowledge Panel Done for You Service by Kalicube
- 08:43 How Scott Turman Started Building a Personal Brand Online with a Book
- 10:25 Can Publishing a Book Help Your Personal Brand More than Articles
- 11:37 Scott Turman’s Tips for Writing a Book
- 12:29 Scott Turman’s Approach to Becoming an Authority in Google’s Eyes
- 14:31 Advantages of Writing a Book
- 16:20 Writing a book with an Expert Writing Team
- 19:03 Building Authority with Limited Time: Podcast Vs Books
- 22:59 How Does a Book Work for You in Terms of Google?
- 24:19 Knowledge Panel Spam: Publishing Plagiarized Books to Get a Knowledge Panel
- 27:13 How Does Branded Search Tie in with Writing a Book?
- 28:25 Passing the Baton: Scott Turman to Nat Rosasco
This episode was recorded live on video February 21st 2023
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>