Dennis Consorte talks with Jason Barnard about how to leverage press to build authority on Google.
Dennis Consorte helps startups and small businesses because he believes that successful entrepreneurs give people hope, and that is more important today than ever. Dennis Consorte does this primarily through digital marketing and building teams and systems that enable incremental and sustainable growth in traffic, conversion and customer retention. He has over twenty years of digital marketing experience and sold his first ecommerce business in 2004. Today, he works as a digital marketing and operations consultant helping online businesses increase traffic, conversions and customer retention. His approach to digital marketing is unique in that he sees every touchpoint along the customer journey as an opportunity to build the kind of relationship one would expect only from face-to-face communication. Team building and storytelling are core to his methodology.
Experts cannot claim to be experts just because they say they are. Experts need to prove their worth and let others speak on their behalf. In Google’s case, you need third-party sources to help Google clearly understand who you are, what you do, and how much of an expert you really are. One way to do this is through the press.
Press matters online and offline, and the incredibly brilliant Dennis Consorte reveals how to use your influence to get into third-party publications in this wonderful episode. He gives great tips on how to top the list of emails journalists receive per day and pique their interest with your story ideas and unique content. It’s also important to provide journalists with data and direct them to your website where they can access information. Dennis also discusses how to get quoted in articles, build a foundation and work your way up to major publications.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Dennis passes the virtual baton to next week’s awesome guest, Burkay Alpyildiz.
What you’ll learn from Dennis Consorte
- 00:00 Dennis Consorte and Jason Barnard
- 02:04 Why Press Matters Online and Offline
- 02:42 Kalicube Pro Analysis on Consorte Marketing, Inc.
- 04:43 How Dennis Consorte Started Focusing on His Personal Brand
- 05:14 Dennis Consorte’s Reasons for Branding His Name
- 07:12 Knowledge Panel Done for You Service by Kalicube
- 07:56 Google’s Need for Third Party Corroboration
- 09:57 How to Leverage Your Influence to Get into Third Party Publications
- 12:05 Tips on How to Effectively Approach Journalists
- 13:40 Building Relationships with Journalists
- 14:47 Tools That Can Help You Connect with Reporters Looking for Quotes for Stories
- 15:43 Tips on How to Get Cited by Small Publications and Ladder Up to Large Publications
- 17:22 How to Develop Story Ideas for a Press Release
- 19:09 What are Data Stories?
- 19:24 How Dennis Consorte Creates Unique Content
- 19:59 Gathering Data Through Surveys
- 22:07 Creating Engaging Content from Collected Data
- 26:29 How to Embed Video Content in a Press Release
- 28:34 Dennis Consorte’s Thoughts on Branded Search and Digital PR
- 30:47 Passing the Baton: Dennis Consorte to Burkay Alpyildiz
This episode was recorded live on video January 10th 2023
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>