David Avrin talks with Jason Barnard about how to become ridiculously easy to do business with.
David Avrin is recognised worldwide as one of the most sought-after speakers and consultants in the field of customer experience. David has delivered his content-rich, entertaining and actionable presentations to enthusiastic audiences across North America and in 24 countries around the world. David helps companies better understand and connect with their changing customers and clients to future-proof their business. David’s insights have been published in thousands of media outlets around the world. He is also the author of five books, including the highly acclaimed: It’s Not Who You Know, It’s Who Knows You!, Why Customers Leave (and How to Win Them Back) and his latest book: The Morning Huddle — Powerful Customer Experience Conversations to Wake You Up, Shake You Up, and Win More Business.
With advances in technology and AI, businesses have largely automated their processes and may have overlooked the importance of human interaction. For an optimal customer experience, the balance between technology and human engagement is absolutely essential. Employing an omnichannel approach that harmoniously blends AI bots and human interactions significantly increases service efficiency while providing that invaluable personal touch.
In this fascinating episode, David Avrin and Jason Barnard address the key insights needed to create a seamless and effortless customer experience. David highlights the need to adopt technologies that increase customer convenience and flexibility, and warns against strategies that prioritise organisational ease at the expense of customer experience. David uses personal examples to illustrate the importance of making processes simple and easy for customers. He underscores the need for businesses to evaluate their processes, taking into account both new implementations and adjustments due to the pandemic.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton…David incredibly passes the virtual baton to next week’s amazing guest, Purna Virji.
What you’ll learn from David Avrin
- 00:00 David Avrin and Jason Barnard
- 02:56 Omnichannel Approach: Balancing AI Bots and Human Interaction
- 05:21 How to Leverage AI and Chatbots for Efficient and Crucial Customer Interactions
- 07:23 David Avrin’s Brand SERP
- 07:49 Bing Chat: Who is David Avrin
- 09:54 How Aware are Businesses of Their Online Presence?
- 13:01 Shift in Business Focus and Its Impact on SEO and Online Reputation
- 15:43 How Important are Online Presence and Social Proof for Safe Decisions?
- 18:46 What are the Dangers of Unnecessary Friction in the Customer Experience?
- 22:34 Adopting New Technologies and Maintaining Customer Ease
- 24:46 Does Adequate Preparation for a Podcast Add Value or Unnecessary Friction for Guests?
- 27:12 What Role Does Managing Expectations Play in Delivering Great Customer Experience?
- 30:40 How Does Making it Easy for Other People to Do Business with You Help with Branded Search?
- 32:04 Passing the Baton: David Avrin to Purna Virji