Joyan Chan talks with Jason Barnard about how to become confidently visible.
Joyan Chan is a widely recognised coach, speaker and podcaster who specialises in helping leaders and entrepreneurs develop optimal confidence, clear vision and courage. Through her years of experience as a lecturer, team leader and business owner, Joyan has developed a unique understanding of what it takes to be a strong and influential leader in today’s dynamic world. Joyan’s journey of turning depression into empowerment and her branding journey have led her to develop a tested roadmap that she uses with her clients to accelerate their growth. She is driven by a desire to help others realise their true potential. Her expertise, resilience and impactful messages have led to her being featured in various media outlets and as a public speaker. In 2022, Joyan’s outstanding leadership was recognised with the Outstanding Leadership Award in Dubai. That same year, her home country celebrated her success in a Britishpedia feature. She continues to inspire others with her motto “to live and lead a life with JOY,” which reflects her transformative journey.
Many entrepreneurs struggle with the daunting challenge of public visibility. This apprehension can take many forms, from a fear of public speaking and revealing personal stories to a reluctance to showcase their accomplishments or a concern about possible judgement by others. Overcoming this fear is critical for entrepreneurs who want to solidify their digital footprint and connect with their target audience.
Joyan Chan shares her experiences working with clients who struggle with fear of public visibility. She groovily recommends identifying and understanding the root causes of these fears and overcoming them through a personalised marketing strategy. Joyan also stresses the importance of working on one’s attitude and confidence before focusing on strategies to increase visibility and discover one’s unique strengths.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Joyan passes the virtual baton to next week’s super insightful guest, Jon Weberg.
What you’ll learn from Joyan Chan
- 00:00 Joyan Chan and Jason Barnard
- 01:34 Joyan Chan’s Brand SERP
- 04:17 Overcoming Barriers to Being Seen and Heard
- 06:41 How Joyan Chan Combines Psychology and Coaching for Confidence and Visibility
- 07:21 Mindset and Strategy for Fearless Visibility
- 08:16 Overcoming Self-Criticism and Accepting Imperfection in Live Performances
- 10:19 How to Find your Unique Strength
- 14:31 Why Some People Don’t Want to be Visible Online
- 15:57 Empowering Female Confidence and Visibility
- 17:45 What are Your Fears and How Do You Overcome It?
- 18:09 Imposter Syndrome
- 19:45 How to Overcome Imposter Syndrome?
- 21:51 The Courage to Acknowledge What You Don’t Know
- 26:05 How Does Confident Visibility Help with Branded Search?
- 28:20 Passing the Baton: Joyan Chan to Jon Weberg