Amanda Milligan talks with Jason Barnard about improve your brand authority with newsworthy content.
Amanda Milligan is Head of Marketing at Stacker Studio, a new, innovative way for brands to earn media at scale. With more than a decade of experience in content, growth, and brand, her knowledge has been featured in Entrepreneur, Forbes, TechCrunch, Moz, MarketingProfs, Search Engine Land, and more, as well as at conferences like SMX, MozCon, SearchLove, BrightonSEO, State of Search, and Pubcon.
To stand out in the competitive content creation market, it is critical to offer content that is unique and newsworthy. Businesses should focus on providing information that adds value and relevance to the lives of their target audience. Creating content that stands out helps brands build authority and credibility in the industry, which in turn can increase discoverability.
In this fantastic episode, Amanda Milligan highlights the importance of creating original content that offers a fresh perspective. By working with authoritative sources within the industry, businesses can present information that is both new and credible, which increases their brand’s reputation and provides a competitive advantage. Throughout the conversation, Amanda provides examples of different types of newsworthy content, such as case studies and testimonials, that companies can consider for their content strategies.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Amanda sweetly passes the virtual baton to next week’s awesome guest, Gaurav Sharma.
What you’ll learn from Amanda Milligan
- 00:00 Amanda Milligan and Jason Barnard
- 01:46 Creating Newsworthy Content
- 03:22 Amanda Milligan’s Brand SERP on Bing
- 05:42 Identifying Authoritative Sources
- 07:54 Repeating Yourself to Educate AI Algorithms
- 08:30 Stacker’s Brand SERP on Google
- 12:54 Kalicube’s Three Solutions for Your Brand SERP
- 13:53 Brand Authority for Whom
- 16:19 Originality, Usefulness, and Newsworthiness
- 19:19 Topical VS Tangential Content
- 26:27 Combination of Repetition and Authoritativeness
- 29:26 How Can Newsworthy Content Help with Branded Search?
- 31:40 Passing the Baton: Amanda Milligan to Gaurav Sharma