Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Gaurav Sharma talks with Jason Barnard about leveling up your content through regular updates.
Gaurav Sharma is the founder and CEO of Attrock, a results-driven digital marketing company, and a certified expert in Google Analytics and Google Ads. He has taken an agency from a 5-figure to a 7-figure income in just two years. He has increased leads by 10x, conversion rates by 2.8x, and traffic to 300,000 per month using content marketing, SEO, influencer marketing, landing page optimization, sales funnels, and LinkedIn. He writes for reputable publications such as HubSpot, Adweek, Business 2 Community, HuffPost, TechCrunch and many more. He uses his experience to help SaaS companies, influencers, local businesses, and e-commerce brands increase their traffic, leads, sales, and authority.
The main purpose of updating website content is to increase its overall quality and usefulness to the target audience. This process groovily involves regular updates and optimisation to ensure that the information is accurate and user-friendly, and that the content is optimised for search engines. Digital marketers can significantly increase user engagement, improve search engine visibility, and build a better online brand presence.
In this wonderful episode, Gaurav Sharma advocates for a strategic approach to content updating, knowing well the impact of outdated content on a website’s performance. He highlights that updating publishers’ top ten articles to provide new insights and value can make a significant difference in keeping users interested and staying competitive in the online landscape.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Gaurav passes the virtual baton to next week’s brilliant guest, Ed Trifone.
What you’ll learn from Gaurav Sharma
- 00:00 Gaurav Sharma and Jason Barnard
- 01:01 Attrock’s Brand SERP and Knowledge Panel
- 01:35 Gaurav Sharma’s Brand SERP and Knowledge Panel
- 02:58 Digital PR Efforts and Overcoming Rejections
- 04:22 Kalicube’s Three Solutions for Your Brand SERP
- 05:00 Updating Existing Articles on Your Website
- 09:29 Analysing SERPs
- 11:14 Effective Keyword Optimisation Strategies for Improved SEO
- 14:12 Listicles Vs How-To Articles
- 18:04 Prioritising the Content to Optimise
- 20:17 Updating Publishing Dates
- 22:15 Internal Linking
- 23:47 How Does Leveling Up Your Content Help with Branded Search?
- 25:39 Passing the Baton: Gaurav Sharma to Ed Trifone