Mariana Franco talks with Jason Barnard about coping with marketing.
Mariana Franco is an SEO expert and strategist with 12 years of experience in the digital world. For the past five years, she has focused exclusively on SEO. Mariana’s journey began as a content writer, but her in-depth knowledge allowed her to quickly rise to Head of SEO. In this role, she oversaw a multilingual website with thousands of pages in 12 languages and managed content writers from five different countries. Her career progression continued upwards when she took on the position of Marketing Coordinator, but she eventually experienced burnout. Mariana emphasizes the importance of regularly reviewing your career path to make sure it aligns with your personal goals and passions. When she thought about it, she realized that while she loved her job, she did not love her work environment. Coincidentally, she already had several clients waiting for her services, so she was able to quit her job and start her own business.
Successful marketing requires the marketing department as a whole to work with marketing teams and other departments to develop strategies and maximize impact. This cohesion is essential to deliver a consistent brand message across different channels, be it SEO, PPC or social media, and to create an environment where creativity thrives better than the competition. Building such a network of teams enables a unified approach to branding and marketing.
In this episode, the delightfully insightful Mariana Franco discusses various aspects of coping with marketing. Mariana emphasizes the value of teamwork and collaboration within marketing departments and between different teams. She gives delightful suggestions on the structure of meetings in marketing departments and the need for a more productive and creative approach. The conversation also covers how teams align their efforts with the larger goals of the organization, as well as the challenges of setting KPIs for different marketing teams and strategies.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Mariana passes the virtual baton to next week’s incredibly fantastic guest, Katrina McKinnon.
What you’ll learn from Mariana Franco
- 00:00 Mariana Franco and Jason Barnard
- 01:16 Mariana Franco’s Brand SERP
- 03:03 Rebranding: Jason Barnard, Jason M. Barnard and Jason Martin Barnard
- 03:18 Rebranding Olga Zarzeczna to Olga Zarr
- 04:06 How to Choose the Best Domain Name for You
- 05:54 Which Marketing Teams Need to Communicate with Each Other?
- 07:33 What is the Foundation for Effective Communication Between Marketing Teams?
- 07:58 How Can Teams Align Their Efforts with the Larger Goals of the Organization?
- 09:00 Who is the Best Person to Lead the Entire Marketing Team Meeting?
- 11:35 What is the Significance of a Marketing-Only Discussion Among Marketing Teams?
- 11:50 How Do Non-marketing Executives Impact Creative Discussions in Meetings?
- 13:28 Creativity and ROI
- 13:56 What are the Challenges in Setting KPIs for Various Marketing Teams?
- 16:23 How Can Content Teams Justify Their Effort When it Does Not Easily Align with Standard KPIs?
- 16:49 How Important is it to Have a Good Content Writer at Different Points of the User Journey?
- 18:03 How Do Podcasts and Social Media Impact Client Awareness and Engagement With Kalicube?
- 19:00 What is the Significance of Teamwork in Achieving Final Results in a Marketing Strategy?
- 20:50 How Do You Address Envy and Jealousy Among Teams?
- 21:58 What are the Three Steps to Coping with Marketing?
- 22:25 Step 1: Coping within the Marketing Department
- 22:41 Step 2: Coping Between Marketing Department and Other Departments
- 23:06 Step 3: Coping with the CEO
- 25:41 How Do Delegation and Autonomous Working Improve Team Performance?
- 27:43 Trust and Belief
- 28:05 How Can Better Communication Between Marketing Teams Help with Branded Search?
- 29:18 Passing the Baton: Mariana Franco to Katrina McKinnon