Leanna DeBellevue talks with Jason Barnard about the importance of creating a marketing pie.
Leanna DeBellevue is an international speaker, owner of a global marketing agency, social media strategist and co-author of the international Amazon bestseller Light At The End Of The Funnel, a practical guide for entrepreneurs ready to take the leap to success. As owner of DeBellevue Global Marketing Agency, she has helped clients from over 19 countries generate millions of dollars in sales by using social media to connect with and engage their target markets. The companies she has worked with range from global conglomerates to real estate moguls to individual entrepreneurs looking to reach new, untapped markets. The company is in its 13th year of operation and has proven that it can withstand the ups and downs that digital marketing companies face. Leanna has spoken to thousands of entrepreneurs, business leaders and decision makers from over 13 countries on topics ranging from overcoming success blockers to implementing social media strategies and hacks for business growth. She has written for HuffPost and has been a guest speaker on the Iheartradio, Real Estate and Health Coach Academy podcasts, to name a few. She is also a 2020-2021 Council Member at Forbes Magazine. She was recently named to Who’s Who in America for 2023 by the Marquis Publication Board.
The concept of the Marketing Pie represents the need to spread marketing efforts across multiple channels, such as SEO, social media, email marketing and PR, to avoid relying on a single channel. By nurturing and maintaining all the pieces of the Marketing Pie, businesses can achieve stability, increase brand awareness and increase the likelihood of branded search. This strategic approach allows companies to stay at the top of the list and increase their visibility and credibility in the online space.
In this episode, Leanna DeBellevue discusses the tremendous importance of creating a marketing pie. Leanna emphasizes the need to diversify marketing efforts and the potential risks if a business becomes too reliant on one platform. Leanna explains that a Marketing Pie consists of splitting marketing into different elements to ensure a consistent and resilient brand. She recommends having about six to eight different components in the marketing pie, depending on resources and industry. The discussion also covers the different strategies for the various social media platforms, the importance of reviews in the Marketing Pie, the significance of your target audience and the integration of AI as an essential support to current marketing strategies
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Leanna passes the virtual baton to next week’s awesome guest, Nitin Manchanda.
What you’ll learn from Leanna DeBellevue
- 00:00 Leanna DeBellevue and Jason Barnard
- 01:02 Leanna DeBellevue’s Brand SERP on Bing
- 02:34 Kalicube Support Group
- 02:45 DeBellevue Global Marketing Search Generative Experience Results
- 04:32 How the Concept of the “Marketing Pie” Helps in Understanding Marketing Strategies
- 05:15 What are the Potential Risks if a Business Depends Too Much on One Platform?
- 05:49 How Important is a Diversified Marketing Strategy?
- 06:35 What Factors Determine the Suitability of a Strategy in a Particular Industry or for a Particular Company?
- 07:21 Is Every Social Media Platform a Slice or a Whole Marketing Pie?
- 08:35 What Distinguishes YouTube from Traditional Social Media Platforms such as Facebook and Twitter?
- 09:10 Why is SEO Important for Businesses, Even Those that Excel in Their Field?
- 10:33 How Do Sudden Changes in the Market Affect Companies’ Advertising Strategies?
- 10:56 How Do a Well-Established Website and Positive Reviews Contribute to the Success of Advertising Efforts?
- 11:40 How Do Reviews Fit Into the Marketing Pie?
- 12:51 How Does a Company Turn Reviews Into an Independent Piece of the Marketing Pie?
- 13:10 How Reviews Help Shape the Brand Experience for Potential Customers
- 13:25 How can Businesses Use Reviews to Tell a Story From the Buyer’s Perspective?
- 13:48 How Does a Business’s Response to Negative Reviews Impact Consumer Perceptions and Purchasing Decisions?
- 14:54 What is the Most Effective Way to Utilize Reviews?
- 17:24 Why is a Website an Important Part of the Marketing Pie for Businesses?
- 19:15 How has the Development of Technology Influenced the Integration of Email and Text Marketing?
- 20:42 What is Geofencing and How Does It Work in Marketing Strategies?
- 22:05 How Does AI Integration Stand Out as a Substantial Support to Current Marketing Strategies?
- 23:04 How Does PR Outreach Factor into the Marketing Pie for Businesses?
- 24:50 What Influence Does PR Have on the Visibility and Credibility of a Company?
- 25:44 How Does Creating a Marketing Pie Help With Branded Search?
- 27:08 Passing the Baton: Leanna DeBellevue to Nitin Manchanda