Teodora Petkova talks with Jason Barnard about weaving the web of people, content & data.
Teodora Petkova is a philologist fascinated by the metamorphoses of text on the Web. She is very much in love with the Semantic Web and today she joins Jason Barnard to share the transformation of our networked physical lives to the world of cyberia.
This is an episode full of fascinating resources! She starts with how the web was semantic from the beginning (referring to the book by the world wide web creator himself, Tim Berners), she also shares amazing insights into the concepts of giant global graph, cyberia and building readership (and provides references well worth reading – see below).
She has an amazing way of explaining the incredible interconnectivity of the web and the people who use it… and the correct way for marketers to communicate with their audience, how different actors can collaborate for a well-packaged digital strategy, and MUCH more.
Some links from the show 🙂
Here I have listed some of the media experiences (re: building readership vs. “creating content”) – https://searchnewscentral.com/blog/2019/06/28/being-content-writer-in-age-of-semantic-technologies/
2. This is Tim Berners-Lee’s book: https://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/Weaving/
3. The concept of a Giant Global Graph (re; what the Web has to do with content and people :)) is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Global_Graph
What you’ll learn from Teodora Petkova
- 00:00 Teodora Petkova and Jason Barnard
- 01:09 Teodora Petkova’s knowledge panel
- 05:48 Weaving the Web of People, Content & Data
- 06:31 The web semantic from the beginning
- 07:41 The web of people: Adapting from counterculture to cyberculture
- 10:14 The web is not a giant marketing medium
- 12:29 Stop pasting billboards on the web and start building long term relationships
- 14:54 The irony in marketing: Communicating in a way we don’t want to be communicated with
- 17:34 What does Teodora mean when she says we live in our own bubbles?
- 21:20 How can we communicate correctly?
- 27:55 What is the giant global graph built of?
- 29:50 The connectivity of the web is overwhelming. Where to start?
- 34:34 Building readership: Creating content to create experiences
- 38:17 How can someone use semantic data?
- 40:57 How can we create a machine and user rich experience using structured data?
Helpful Resources About Weaving the Web of People, Content & Data
This episode was recorded live on video July 13th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>