Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Tom Shapiro talks with Jason Barnard about rethink lead generation.
Tom Shapiro is an author and CEO of Stratabeat. His recently published book is Rethink Lead Generation: Advanced Strategies to Generate More Leads for Your Business. He is also a speaker and CEO of Stratabeat, Inc, an agency that uses an approach based on neuroscience, psychology and behavioral science to drive leads and revenue growth for B2B companies. Stratabeat’s services include marketing strategy, branding, web design, SEO, content development, content marketing, ABM, behavioral analytics and conversion optimization. Prior to joining Stratabeat, Tom secured a variety of Fortune 100 clients (including P&G, HP, AT &T, UnitedHealthcare & Kraft Foods) and was part of a team that achieved record sales by developing effective new client strategies for SEO company iProspect.
Leads are the lifeblood of B2B companies. You are probably thinking you know all about lead generation… But Tom is asking you to rethink what you thought you knew. Even though it seems simple, it’s quite a challenge to successfully execute your own lead generation process. There are boatloads of lead generation tips, tactics, techniques and strategies all over the internet, each telling you they apply to you. But think again, if everyone else is using these same best practices, they may be ineffective.
In this episode, Tom Shapiro and Jason Barnard talk about how you can build strong relationships that drive lead generation with customized content and creativity, innovation and lateral thinking. Starting that relationship and building it requires that you think creatively. You need to rethink and do things that your competitors aren’t doing. It may seem like a risk, but it may be that NOT taking this approach this is the real risk.
As always the show ends with passing the baton… the incredibly brilliant Tom Shapiro passes the virtual baton to next week’s delightfully stunning guest Carrie Rose.
What you’ll learn from Tom Shapiro
- 00:00 Tom Shapiro and Jason Barnard
- 00:12 Alexander Pippa and Our Ukrainian Friends Fighting for their Freedom
- 01:37 A Bag of Swag for Your Nuggets: Join the Fun
- 02:43 Rules of our “Silly Game” (100th Kalicube Tuesdays’ Episode)
- 04:53 Tom Shapiro’s Brand SERP
- 05:27 Leads are the Lifeblood of B2B Companies
- 05:50 Tom’s Rethink Lead Generation Book
- 07:09 Learn Best Lead Generation Practices, Then Change Them
- 07:55 Personalised Content to Reach Out to People
- 09:53 Relationship Building Rather Than Lead Generation
- 12:04 Understanding the Psychology Around Your Market’s Goal
- 12:50 Using Creativity, Innovation and Lateral Thinking to Build Strong Relationships
- 14:47 The Impact You can Make on Your Target Audience
- 17:14 Other Ways to Get in Touch with Potential Leads
- 21:14 The Cold Email Technique You Should Use
- 21:54 Account Based Marketing for Better Lead Generation
- 26:45 Do Something Your Competitor Will Not Do
- 32:57 Passing the Baton: Tom Shapiro to Carrie Rose
This episode was recorded live on video March 8th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>