Stephan Bajaio talks with Jason Barnard about supply & demand of the SERPS.
Stephan Bajaio is an entrepreneur, marketer, innovator, seasoned global speaker, insightful leader, global brand consultant, passionate podcaster, webcaster, with over 15 years of experience in search engine marketing with a focus on search engine optimization (SEO). He is currently the chief marketing officer at TurnoverBnB.
Special notice: this episode starts with a short conversation with Anton Shulke, who was at that time in Kyiv in the middle of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. It ends with an appeal for help and support for Ukraine.
In an Economics mindset, supply and demand are key (in that order), and some say the same goes for products and services, right? But according to Stephan Bajaio in SEO it is clear that demand leads supply… and they key to SEO, and indeed digital marketing, is connecting the dots. How do we do that? On the SERP!
If you understand the search queries of your target market, your audience, and the users on your Brand SERP, then you can understand their needs (demand). Once you have done that, you can look at supply through Google. In SEO, Google is the trusted third party that provides the information your audience needs, the answers for their search queries (the supply). In that situation, your products and services need to be part of the SERP so that it is your supply that meets the users’ demand. Simple!
Stephan’s insights make for yet another incredibly insightful episode that focusses on demand and supply as a model for SEO, and also addresses multiple other related questions such as breaking down communication silos, which is important for any business, SEO, or digital marketer.
As always the show ends with passing the baton… the rather fantastic Stephan Bajaio passes the virtual baton to next week’s super awesome guest, Tom Shapiro.
What you’ll learn from Stephan Bajaio
- 00:00 Anton Shulke and Jason Barnard
- 00:10 the Situation for Anton in Kyiv
- 04:40 Real Ways You Can Help With Ukraine as a Foreigner
- 05:15 Stephan Bajaio and Jason Barnard
- 08:59 Stephan Bajaio’s Brand SERP
- 09:34 Why a Particular Video Appears in the SERPs
- 11:24 Entity Authority
- 14:22 Demand in the SERP (Queries) as a Proxy to Egotistical SEO Approach
- 15:47 Understanding the Way People Search Means Understanding Their Demand
- 15:56 Nobody Lies to Their Search Bars
- 16:44 Supply in the SERPs
- 18:20 SERP: Branding Opportunity
- 20:40 Spy Search Presence Intelligence Concept
- 22:05 Communication Silo
- 28:01 Products have Brand SERPs
- 32:37 Supply Creates its Own Demand
- 36:09 Passing the Baton: Stephan Bajaio to Tom Shapiro
This episode was recorded live on video March 1st 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>