Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Navah Hopkins talks with Jason Barnard about conversion rate optimization
Navah Hopkins is the Director of Paid Media at Justuno, and has been involved in the digital marketing industry since 2008. She’s a serial entrepreneur, SEO/SEM philosopher, content strategist, and a frequent contributor to SEJ, SEMrush, and WordStream blogs/webinars.
Conversion Rate Optimization is fun when you consider the story of how your customer found you, what their motivations are and what they value.
Navah explains color theory, how to enhance your on-page copy for CRO, the psychology behind upsell offers, and what makes the conversion process tick.
She has some of the most delightful and fascinating analogies to explain some key concepts. A PPC Sith – referencing Star Wars – meaning being open to change and evolve, by taking a pragmatic approach to be successful and master the force, or in this case – your audience. You’ll also get a brilliant explanation of how to look at your customer journey, with the movie Hogfather used as the analogy.
What you’ll learn from Navah Hopkins
- 00:00 Navah Hopkins with Jason Barnard
- 01:00 Navah’s Brand SERP
- 02:42 Conversion Rate Optimization Made Fun
- 04:31 Colour Theory for On-Page CRO
- 10:12 Using “You” in your copywriting for better CRO
- 14:09 The psychology of upsell offers in On-Page CRO
- 15:59 CRO as more than just a means to justify PPC cost
- 18:26 The philosophy behind the PPC Sith
- 20:45 Finding the balance for tweaking PPC campaigns
- 24:10 The customer’s journey from search to conversion
- 28:49 What do the upcoming third-party cookie changes mean for the future of e-commerce?
- 31:17 Managing your email list
- 34:04 The value of sympathy in CRO
Subscribe to the podcast
This episode was recorded live on video April 13th 2021
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>