Mads Singers talks with Jason Barnard about building a team rather than just a group of coworkers.
Mads has more than 10 years of experience in Fortune 500 companies such as Xerox and IBM and more than 8 years of experience coaching and consulting online entrepreneurs in management and outsourcing. He has also spoken at many major events such as CMSEO, TiECon, DCBKK & DMSS Bali, SEO Spring Training, 7 Figure Seller Summit and the Survive and Thrive Ecommerce Summit. Mads, who currently owns and manages 4 companies and employs more than 100 people, does not just talk the talk, he walks the walk. Mads is not only a management expert, but also an expert in growing and scaling an online business. He is one of the industry experts on the DISC method, which is a cornerstone of his management philosophy, and he shares his knowledge through the Effective Management Mastery course and community.
Achieving attainable business goals requires a group of people working together as a team. Communication, trust, ownership and responsibilities are critical in this process. Building a team can be difficult without a team manager who has the necessary team management skills. It is also important to consider what type of team manager a team needs.
In this wonderful episode, the rather brilliant Mads Singers gives wonderful insights into the value of delegating responsibility, how to recognise people with team management skills, and how to deal with someone who is afraid to step up to a higher position and take responsibility. The highlight of the episode is how to effectively build a team that works together to achieve maximum productivity and groovy results.
As always, the show ends with passing the baton… Mads passes the virtual baton to next week’s absolutely delightful guest, Tatiana Bonneau.
What you’ll learn from Mads Singers
- 00:00 Mads Singers and Jason Barnard
- 01:21 Mads Singers’ Brand SERP
- 02:32 SEO Mastery Summit Saigon
- 03:21 Team Building Tips from Mads Singers
- 06:44 The Value of Delegating Responsibilities
- 08:42 How to Deal with People Afraid to Take Responsibility
- 10:10 How to Deal with Remote Workers Who Feel Isolated
- 10:41 One-to-One Meeting Vs Team Meetings
- 11:51 What are One-to-One Meetings Good for?
- 13:27 Knowledge Panel Done for You Service by Kalicube
- 14:06 How to Turn Your Coworkers Into a Real Team
- 16:06 The Difference Between Hierarchical Organisation Structure and Flat Organisation
- 17:44 What Does Leading a Team Mean?
- 18:56 Promotion Qualification: Team Management Skills
- 19:48 How to Recognise People with Team Management Skills
- 20:00 How Advantageous Good Communication is in a Leadership and Management Position
- 21:23 Considerations for the Type of Team Manager the Team Needs
- 21:58 What to Look for When Promoting or Hiring at the Corporate Level
- 23:50 Where in a Hierarchical Structure Do Teams Form?
- 24:54 How to Bring Teams Together Into an Overall Organisational Team
- 27:42 Setting Goals and Formulating Plans
- 30:18 Ownership and Responsibilities within a Team
- 35:08 Passing the Baton: Mads Singers to Tatiana Bonneau
This episode was recorded live on video December 27th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>