Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Purna Virji talks with Jason Barnard about prominence vs. presence on LinkedIn.
Purna Virji is a globally recognized speaker and writer on content marketing. A content strategist and Lead Content Solutions Consultant at LinkedIn. Prior to joining Linkedin, Purna was the CEO and Founder of Purview Marketing and Senior Client Development and Training Specialist for Bing Ads. During her time at Microsoft, she won Search Personality of the Year 2019-2020 at the US Search Awards, was named one of Adweek’s 2018 Young Influentials, and was chair of the judging panel at The Drum US Search Awards in 2017 and 2018.
Marketers and business owners often misjudge how to make best use of their presence in the digital world. Getting the right balance between your message, your content and your audience is the key, and Purna Virji offers dozens of tips, tricks and ideas for getting that balance right.
The thing is, knowing what your audience wants to hear is more important than knowing what you want to say. And being emotional with your content is not the same as using emotions to connect with your audience.
Purna Virji offers thumb stoppingly good content tips and how to get the most out of LinkedIn that can also be applied to other social media platforms. Having concise, compelling and clear content is an advantage.
As always, the show closes with passing the baton… the delightful Purna Virji passes the virtual baton to next week’s super groovy guest Tom Critchlow.
What you’ll learn from Purna Virji
- 00:00 Purna Virji with Jason Barnard
- 00:39 Book Launch: The Fundamentals of Brand SERPs for Business
- 01:57 Purna Virji’s Brand SERP
- 02:56 Purna Virji’s Career Path
- 04:34 An Overview of Purna Virji’s Expertise on Content
- 06:32 Prominence vs Presence on LinkedIn
- 07:44 What is Thumb Stoppingly Good Content?
- 08:53 How to be Prominent with Your Content
- 09:38 Focus on What Your Audience Want to Hear Not on What You Want to Say
- 10:18 Emotion Centric Content
- 12:32 Emotion in Content vs Emotional Content
- 18:00 Tips on How to Figure Out What Your Audience Wants to Know
- 24:52 WHat is Contrarian Marketing Approach?
- 32:13 How to Make the Most of LinkedIn
- 33:39 Optimize Discoverability with Broad Hashtags and by Tagging People
- 36:30 Concise, Compelling and Clear Content
- 50:39 Passing the Baton: Purna Virji to Tom Critchlow
This episode was recorded live on video January 18th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>