Mickie Kennedy talks with Jason Barnard about how to make press release marketing work for you.
Mickie Kennedy is founder and president of eReleases, a leading affordable press release writing and distribution company that has helped more than 10,000 businesses in nearly two decades. eReleases was founded in 1998 with the idea that publicity should not be limited to large companies.
Writing press releases for startups, new product launches or online courses is one way to reach a wider audience through the media and journalists. When crafted with strategic thinking and newsworthiness, press releases can be a very effective marketing approach. But how can you stand out from the crowd and be newsworthy enough to get the attention of the media and journalists?
The groovy Mickie Kennedy and Jason Barnard discuss brilliant tips and tricks around press release marketing for startups: what to think about while writing a press release, why others fail, and the value of press release marketing for companies.
Yet another Kalicube Tuesdays episode you should NOT miss 🙂
As always, the show ends with passing the baton … the delightful Mickie passes the virtual baton to next week’s lovely guest, Katrina Mckinnon.
What you’ll learn from Mickie Kennedy
- 00:00 Mickie Kennedy and Jason Barnard
- 02:15 Mickie Kennedy’s Brand SERP
- 03:59 Kalicube Academy: Knowledge Panel Course
- 04:34 What Does Newsworthiness Mean?
- 06:09 Mickie Kennedy’s Advice for a Newsworthy Course Launch
- 08:22 How Do Startups Handle Press Releases?
- 10:02 What to Keep in Mind When Writing a Press Release
- 12:08 The Importance of Information and Data in Building a Story
- 14:00 How Does Conducting a Study or Survey Help in Creating an Effective Press Release?
- 16:26 Mickie Kennedy’s Tips on How to Get a Link for an Article from a Press Release
- 18:21 How Many People Does a Survey Need for Reliable Press Release Data?
- 20:12 Where Do You Send a Press Release?
- 22:30 Why Do Press Releases Fail?
- 27:18 Why Businesses Need a Press Release
- 30:12 Passing the Baton: Mickie Kennedy to Katrina Mckinnon
This episode was recorded live on video October 4th 2022
Recorded live at Kalicube Tuesdays (Digital Marketing Livestream Event Series). Watch the video now >>